Looking to be a Content Generator for a Major Internet Website? Look no further than this piece from McSweeney’s: “We pay $15 per piece of content, whether it be a well-cited, thoroughly researched 5,000-word essay or ten captions under fair-use photos, so, y’know, more bang for your buck with the photos. Also no one reads essays, so win-win.”
Brian Etling is an intern for The Millions. He reads and resides in North Carolina. Brian can be found on Twitter @jbetling, and in the real world behind the counter of Scuppernong Books in Greensboro, NC.
More From Curiosities
- Our New Mantra September 30, 2016
- Face Off: Kardashian/Kahlo September 30, 2016
- Everything Is Interesting September 30, 2016
- Get Off Get Paid September 29, 2016
- Fancy Yourself a Bowdlerizer September 29, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Fates and Furies on Twitter September 30, 2016
- Black and Proud: James McBride on James Brown September 30, 2016
- A Danger to Others: On Teddy Wayne’s ‘Loner’ September 29, 2016
- Edward Albee Was My Mailman September 29, 2016
- Renegade Political Fiction: ‘The Revolutionaries Try Again’ September 28, 2016
- View All
- steven augustine says "@Heather The funny thing: that book is just a standard kiddie-book here… giving it to Daughter was..."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- MarkW says "I have not read them all, but clearly Bleak House is a great great novel and if the majority here think it the best, who am..."Dickens’s Best Novel? Six Experts Share Their Opinions
- Emily Dietrich says "It’s heartening to hear of Albee’s maintaining his core being within and during his high-profile literary life. I too look forward to..."Edward Albee Was My Mailman
- Heather Curran says "Crazy eh Steven, that someone would give that to your daughter is just craxy, mad offensive."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- I. says "That’s not exactly a staggering number, toad."The Author Wore Prada