The finalists are set and the judges have been selected, so that means that The Morning News’s Tournament of Books is officially underway. As a special bonus to Millions readers, one of this year’s deciders is our own Lydia Kiesling. Also? One of the books that made the final cut is none other than the one I told you to read a month ago.
Nick Moran works on special projects for The Millions. He lives in Baltimore and he frequents dive bars. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Ur Doing It Rong September 28, 2016
- Snapchats of a Native Son September 28, 2016
- Runways for Days September 28, 2016
- Are You There God September 27, 2016
- Let’s Write About Sex Baby September 27, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Renegade Political Fiction: ‘The Revolutionaries Try Again’ September 28, 2016
- A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray? September 28, 2016
- A Decade in the Literary Wilderness: A Conversation September 27, 2016
- The Author Wore Prada September 27, 2016
- Exclusive First Look: Claire Cameron’s ‘The Last Neanderthal’ September 26, 2016
- View All
- priskill says "@Moe Murph: I feel the same way. I certainly learned a lot from this thread (Steve! Mark HG! Heather Curran!)..."An Essential Human Respect: Reading Walt Whitman During Troubled Times
- Moe Murph says "There are an awful lot of new comments here, and I am looking forward to reading them, but I think I’ll..."An Essential Human Respect: Reading Walt Whitman During Troubled Times
- Dawn Powell says "Good points well made. Who knew picture books were be so disturbing. You should totally start a campaign...."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- steven augustine says "@priskill Indeed!"An Essential Human Respect: Reading Walt Whitman During Troubled Times
- Adam says "“Lists are stupid. Here’s my list.”"Don’t Call It Chi-Town (And Other Things to Learn in Chicago Books)