There’s no official protocol for responding to a disappointed fan, but that may change after more writers get wind of this response, written by Threats author Amelia Gray, to a man who complained that her book was “nothing more than conversations among insane people.” Gray admitted that the man’s gripe did, in fact, have merit, after which she urged him to buy a copy of A Time to Kill.
Thomas Beckwith is a Social Media Writer for The Millions. A native of Baltimore, he worked in New York for three years before leaving to pursue a Master's degree in Irish literature. You can find him on Twitter at @tdbeckwith.
More From Curiosities
- Area Woman Makes the Best of It April 15, 2014
- “Overrun by the Kafkaesque” April 15, 2014
- A Few Chapters Short of a Novel April 15, 2014
- More on Rizzoli’s April 15, 2014
- It’s a Mystery April 15, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A Story is Worth a Thousand Data Points: Michael Lewis’s Flash Boys April 15, 2014
- Crimean Rites April 15, 2014
- The 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction Goes to Donna Tartt’s Goldfinch April 14, 2014
- Literature on the Installment Plan: A Review Of Best European Fiction 2014 April 14, 2014
- You’ve Got Mail: On the New Age of Biography April 11, 2014
- View All
- JOHN T SHEA says "Somewhat harsh all right. My target was self-flagellation and the Culture of Cringe, as somebody once called it...."Hug Your Darlings, Give the Moon the Finger: Writers On Delight
- hollister femmes says "La forme connect?e avec la ligne Hollister, Robert Lhassa Vidra les perspectives pr?f?rent obtenir bikinis bralilian s?duisante et ?galement des destinations..."Where We Write
- P Stout says "Haha, that’s harsh John. But I agree he notion of praising some of your own paragraphs in public would be..."Hug Your Darlings, Give the Moon the Finger: Writers On Delight
- Christopher says "Boris is obvious: Anton Yelchin!"We Cast The Goldfinch Movie so Hollywood Doesn’t Have To
- Sonya says "Thanks, Bob — I needed this."Are We Entering a Golden Age of the Second Novel?