Exhibit A: Joseph R Worthen’s ongoing series investigating the state of “Fast Food Hamburgers in the Southeastern United States.” (Parts Two and Three, too.) Exhibit B: Blake Butler’s nauseating (yet hypnotic) “Review of the New Wendy’s Pretzel Burger.”
Nick Moran works on special projects for The Millions. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Writing Heartbreak May 5, 2016
- Reclaiming the Allegory May 5, 2016
- Jacobs’s Centennial May 5, 2016
- Reading Through Trauma May 5, 2016
- #ManlyBookClubNames May 5, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Ward Farnsworth Doesn’t Mess Around: On ‘Classical English Metaphor’ May 6, 2016
- Places That Fall Into Ruin: The Millions Interviews Geoff Dyer May 5, 2016
- The Novel Still Exists: The Millions Interviews Don DeLillo May 5, 2016
- And the Winners of the Best Translated Book Awards Are… May 4, 2016
- Does Becoming a Mother Mean Immolation? May 4, 2016
- View All
- steven augustine says "“The author is passionate about women’s reproductive rights and critical of the sacrifices women (especially black single..."Does Becoming a Mother Mean Immolation?
- Sean H says "An interesting take and I generally like contrarianism but one person’s “fetishization” is another person’s..."Does Becoming a Mother Mean Immolation?
- Katherine Lake says "Thank you for the beautiful article that reminds me not to get caught up too much with grades and t-ball practice. Rather, to be..."At The Blue Dolphin: On Mothers and Sons
- Bea says "I know this is a tad off the main subject, but I’ve noticed..."Life Is Short and This Book Is Long: Two Thoroughly Modern Women Continue to Discuss ‘David Copperfield’
- steven augustine says "I am now officially impressed by this site. Well done!"The Novel Still Exists: The Millions Interviews Don DeLillo