Moist-haters, unite: why do some people despise the sound of certain words?
Rhian Sasseen is an intern for The Millions. She is a writer and recent graduate of Smith College living in Cambridge, MA. She blogs at rhiansasseen.com.
More From Curiosities
- Our New Mantra September 30, 2016
- Face Off: Kardashian/Kahlo September 30, 2016
- Everything Is Interesting September 30, 2016
- Get Off Get Paid September 29, 2016
- Fancy Yourself a Bowdlerizer September 29, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A Danger to Others: On Teddy Wayne’s ‘Loner’ September 29, 2016
- Edward Albee Was My Mailman September 29, 2016
- Renegade Political Fiction: ‘The Revolutionaries Try Again’ September 28, 2016
- A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray? September 28, 2016
- A Decade in the Literary Wilderness: A Conversation September 27, 2016
- View All
- steven augustine says "@Heather Someone actually gave a (German) copy of “Shock-headed Peter” to our daughter for..."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- steven augustine says "@Heather, Priskill, Moe and, erm, Mark! ’70s style Group-Hug with incense!"An Essential Human Respect: Reading Walt Whitman During Troubled Times
- Justin says "For me, the problem with not using quotation marks is it sometimes makes the dialogue look lifeless and flat. But maybe that’s..."Unquote: The Benefits of Excising Quotation Marks
- GraniteSentry says "Easy target."The Art of Compassion: On Donald Trump’s Hats
- Heather Curran says "@steven Hugs!!"An Essential Human Respect: Reading Walt Whitman During Troubled Times