In the LA Times, Jim Ruland reviews Middle C, the new book by Year in Reading alumnus William H. Gass. For another take on the novel, go read “best-read man in America” Michael Dirda in the Washington Post, or else check out Greg Gerke on the author’s Life Sentences.
Thomas Beckwith is a Social Media Writer for The Millions. A native of Baltimore, he worked in New York for three years before leaving to pursue a Master's degree in Irish literature. You can find him on Twitter at @tdbeckwith.
More From Curiosities
- Choose Your Own Adventure Real Talk April 24, 2014
- Poetry of Brotherhood April 24, 2014
- More Márquez? April 24, 2014
- Colson at the Casino April 24, 2014
- Shakespeare’s Dictionary April 24, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Undomesticated: On Joan Chase’s During the Reign of the Queen of Persia April 24, 2014
- You Can’t Avert Your Eyes: The Millions Interviews Teju Cole April 24, 2014
- When It Becomes Clear What It Is That They Will Be Doing, I Will Be Very Interested in Their Doings: On The Best of McSweeney’s April 23, 2014
- 450 Years of Juliets: On Women Making Shakespeare April 23, 2014
- Short Stories, Italian Style: On Francesca Marciano’s The Other Language April 22, 2014
- View All
- Katt says "I just have to say that since I have a smartphone, I use my home computer less and less. I don’t have an additional device for reading, I read on my..."Are eReaders Really Green?
- Louis Branning says "I just finished this last month, an undeniably beautiful creation by Chase, and my favorite novel..."Undomesticated: On Joan Chase’s During the Reign of the Queen of Persia
- Lucy says "This is so so perfect. Thank you to Laura for the creation and to The Millions for the share."Theo Decker’s Pinterest
- Gert Loveday says "Interesting. There’s just been a review of this on the Australian blog His Futile..."Undomesticated: On Joan Chase’s During the Reign of the Queen of Persia
- Laura Petelle says "I’m also a devoted reader of The Millions, and I think it was your review that initially pointed me to the book, so I’m thrilled to..."Theo Decker’s Pinterest