New in fiction this week: Benediction by Kent Haruf and Ten White Geese by past IMPAC winner Gerbrand Bakker. In non-fiction: Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us, Michael Moss’s food industry exposé excerpted in the recent Times Magazine. From the other side of the food spectrum is Issue 6 of Lucky Peach. And it’s a big day for baseball fans: the 2013 Baseball Prospectus is here.
C. Max Magee created and edits The Millions. He is co-editor of the collection of essays The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, called "funny, poignant, relentlessly thought-provoking" by The Atlantic. He and his family live in New Jersey. If you'd like to correspond, please don't hesitate to email.
More From Curiosities
- Our New Mantra September 30, 2016
- Face Off: Kardashian/Kahlo September 30, 2016
- Everything Is Interesting September 30, 2016
- Get Off Get Paid September 29, 2016
- Fancy Yourself a Bowdlerizer September 29, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Fates and Furies on Twitter September 30, 2016
- Black and Proud: James McBride on James Brown September 30, 2016
- A Danger to Others: On Teddy Wayne’s ‘Loner’ September 29, 2016
- Edward Albee Was My Mailman September 29, 2016
- Renegade Political Fiction: ‘The Revolutionaries Try Again’ September 28, 2016
- View All
- steven augustine says "@Heather The funny thing: that book is just a standard kiddie-book here… giving it to Daughter was..."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- MarkW says "I have not read them all, but clearly Bleak House is a great great novel and if the majority here think it the best, who am..."Dickens’s Best Novel? Six Experts Share Their Opinions
- Emily Dietrich says "It’s heartening to hear of Albee’s maintaining his core being within and during his high-profile literary life. I too look forward to..."Edward Albee Was My Mailman
- Heather Curran says "Crazy eh Steven, that someone would give that to your daughter is just craxy, mad offensive."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- I. says "That’s not exactly a staggering number, toad."The Author Wore Prada