New in fiction this week: Benediction by Kent Haruf and Ten White Geese by past IMPAC winner Gerbrand Bakker. In non-fiction: Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us, Michael Moss’s food industry exposé excerpted in the recent Times Magazine. From the other side of the food spectrum is Issue 6 of Lucky Peach. And it’s a big day for baseball fans: the 2013 Baseball Prospectus is here. Bonus Links: You can now subscribe to listings of literary new releases in your feed reader with this RSS feed. Plus, check out more new release RSS feeds here.
C. Max Magee created and edits The Millions. He is co-editor of the collection of essays The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, called "funny, poignant, relentlessly thought-provoking" by The Atlantic. He has appeared on NPR’s “Weekend Edition”, Minnesota Public Radio’s “Midmorning”, and ABC Radio National's "The Book Show" and has written for a number of publications. He and his family live in New Jersey. If you'd like to correspond, please don't hesitate to email.
More From Curiosities
- I Am My Lighthouse’s Keeper December 12, 2013
- Ancient Welsh Book To Be Made Available Online December 12, 2013
- Franz Kafka: The Video Game December 12, 2013
- Wendell Pierce Secures A Book Deal for His Look at Hurricane Katrina December 11, 2013
- Norway to Digitize Its Entire Library December 11, 2013
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A Year in Reading: Elizabeth Minkel December 12, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Reif Larsen December 12, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Janice Clark December 12, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Paul Harding December 12, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Adelle Waldman December 11, 2013
- View All
- JOHN T SHEA says "A Vaclav Havel video game might be more interesting."Franz Kafka: The Video Game
- Mike s says "Couldn’t agree more with your applause for “The Forsaken”. More people were chewed and spit out of the Stalin..."A Year in Reading: Hamilton Leithauser (The Walkmen)
- humbow says "I think a writer really ought to know that “It’s not just David and I” is not grammatically correct."Why Are So Many Literary Writers Shifting into Genre?
- NME says "Love GO DOWN, MOSES. Right up there w/ ABSALOM, ABSALOM."A Year in Reading: Paul Harding
- Nick says "I loved this. I haven’t read Middlemarch yet, but the quotes alone have convinced me to give it a shot this year. Thanks! On a side note, I can no..."A Year in Reading: Adelle Waldman