We’ve already published a pair of great lists of gifts for writers, but I know more than one book lover (ahem) who would be thrilled to get this collection of vintage Penguin book cover postcards.
C. Max Magee created and edits The Millions. He is co-editor of the collection of essays The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, called "funny, poignant, relentlessly thought-provoking" by The Atlantic. He and his family live in New Jersey. If you'd like to correspond, please don't hesitate to email.
More From Curiosities
- POTUS Picks October 25, 2016
- Tuesday New Release Day: Jin; Saizarbitoria; Jackson; Carson; Conroy; Boyle October 25, 2016
- Step Aside Shakes October 24, 2016
- Five Rows of Startlingly Empty Chairs October 24, 2016
- A Screwball Tragedy October 23, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Paul Beatty Wins the 2016 Man Booker Prize October 25, 2016
- Amputations and Oversights: On Marc Nieson’s ‘Schoolhouse’ October 25, 2016
- Pressing Closer: On Brit Bennett’s ‘The Mothers’ October 25, 2016
- What Is It About Baseball? W.P. Kinsella, José Fernández, and the Dust of the 2016 Season October 24, 2016
- Running in the Wake October 24, 2016
- View All
- steven augustine says "A genuinely hilarious and affirmatively-active nod to that shoddy, second-rate effort from Mr Beatty (and hot on the heels of the..."Paul Beatty Wins the 2016 Man Booker Prize
- Elliott says "Great post! I think that, on the talent vs. work balance of things, more people are born with a chance to be a very good writer (if they..."Magical Thinking: Talent and the Cult of Craft
- Elizabeth Fisher says "So sad of a commentary- You should see high school Libraries. Mine is meeting the needs of our students and I work hard to..."The Library Is Dead. Long Live the Library!
- Moe Murph says "@MarkHG Point well made, MarkHG."A Very Special Millions Correction
- priskill says "This almost makes me want to both Run and Read FW — 2 things I have never done — lovely and inspiring piece."Running in the Wake