Some heavy hitters out this week: Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan; Dear Life, Alice Munro’s latest collection; Woes of the True Policeman by Roberto Bolaño; The Testament of Mary by Colm Tóibín; and Far From the Tree, Andrew Solomon’s massive follow-up to The Noonday Demon. Also out are My Ideal Bookshelf, in which figures from Judd Apatow to Jennifer Egan share about which books shaped them; Jon Meacham’s biography of Jefferson; 40 years of poems by Louise Glück; a new issue of McSweeney’s food mag Lucky Peach; debut The Heat of the Sun by David Rain, and She Loves Me Not, a new collection of stories by Ron Hansen.
C. Max Magee created and edits The Millions. He is co-editor of the collection of essays The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, called "funny, poignant, relentlessly thought-provoking" by The Atlantic. He has appeared on NPR’s “Weekend Edition”, Minnesota Public Radio’s “Midmorning”, and ABC Radio National's "The Book Show" and has written for a number of publications. He and his family live in New Jersey. If you'd like to correspond, please don't hesitate to email.
More From Curiosities
- Craft Work July 28, 2014
- Tabloid Fodder July 28, 2014
- Bookshelves Ten Feet High July 28, 2014
- The Son July 28, 2014
- Thanks, Nick July 27, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- The Book That Wasn’t: 5 Fiction Writers Talk About their Novels in Drawers July 28, 2014
- How to be James Joyce, or the Habits of Great Writers July 25, 2014
- Italo Calvino’s Science Fiction Masterpiece July 25, 2014
- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa’s Burst of Sicilian Sun July 24, 2014
- New Edition, Old Problems: On Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises July 24, 2014
- View All
- Mylene Almeida says "Me and my husband have a library at home almost full of books. On every trip that we make it is a policy to bring a book back home. I don’t..."Bookshelves Ten Feet High
- The Untranslated says "Salman Rushdie mentioned an interesting abandoned novel called “The Antagonist”...."The Book That Wasn’t: 5 Fiction Writers Talk About their Novels in Drawers
- Stephan J Harper says "“Though I haven’t ever been on the screen I was brought up in pictures. Rudolph Valentino came to my fifth birthday party –..."The Art of the Opening Sentence
- allah_speaking says "Has anyone tried this with an Obama speech or SOTU address?"For Sale: Hemingway App, Doesn’t Work.
- Nick Moran says "Good morning to you, too, Pete."Wells Tower on Your TV Screen