Paris Review editor Lorin Stein was interviewed for Days of Yore. Topics include: the “perverse power” of editing your parents’ work; his rise through the ranks of NYC publishing; and the new story collection, Object Lessons. Elsewhere you can check out his “five favorite short story collections.” And, in case you missed it, be sure to check out our own Bill Morris’s interview with Paris Review deputy editor Sadie Stein (no relation) about the Object Lessons collection as well.
Nick Moran works on special projects for The Millions. He lives in Baltimore and he frequents dive bars. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Our New Mantra September 30, 2016
- Face Off: Kardashian/Kahlo September 30, 2016
- Everything Is Interesting September 30, 2016
- Get Off Get Paid September 29, 2016
- Fancy Yourself a Bowdlerizer September 29, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Black and Proud: James McBride on James Brown September 30, 2016
- A Danger to Others: On Teddy Wayne’s ‘Loner’ September 29, 2016
- Edward Albee Was My Mailman September 29, 2016
- Renegade Political Fiction: ‘The Revolutionaries Try Again’ September 28, 2016
- A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray? September 28, 2016
- View All
- Sean H says "Let’s see; re-watch the Diana Vreeland documentary or read this d-bag’s “novel”? Hmmmm."The Author Wore Prada
- steven augustine says "@Heather Someone actually gave a (German) copy of “Shock-headed Peter” to our daughter for..."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- steven augustine says "@Heather, Priskill, Moe and, erm, Mark! ’70s style Group-Hug with incense!"An Essential Human Respect: Reading Walt Whitman During Troubled Times
- Justin says "For me, the problem with not using quotation marks is it sometimes makes the dialogue look lifeless and flat. But maybe that’s..."Unquote: The Benefits of Excising Quotation Marks
- GraniteSentry says "Easy target."The Art of Compassion: On Donald Trump’s Hats