Writing for Banned Books Month on the PEN American Center’s blog, our own Lydia Kiesling discusses Judy Blume’s Forever. It’s a book many have “lobbied vigorously to pry … out of the hands of enthralled youth since 1975,” Kiesling writes, which should prove that such lobbyists “weren’t very good readers” in the first place.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- George and Robin August 21, 2014
- Sister Golden Hair Excerpt August 21, 2014
- “Hauntedness is a feeling.” August 21, 2014
- “If I wasn’t such a deadbeat, I’d learn Greek.” August 21, 2014
- Agent of Chaos August 20, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- This Could Be Your Story: On Matthew Thomas’s We Are Not Ourselves August 21, 2014
- Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing August 20, 2014
- Back to School: Six Strategies for Effective Close Reading August 19, 2014
- Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing? August 18, 2014
- Mind of a Team: David Peace’s Red or Dead August 18, 2014
- View All
- Jack Mulcahy says "I am a 62-year-old writer with stories in my head that won’t come out. I find that I’m kind of like the earlier..."Creativity and Madness: On Writing Through the Drugs
- Ed Bast says "Hot O The fact that Samantha Chung’s novel (“All Is Forgotten Nothing Lost”, to which Ross linked) exists..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- elko says "Modern eco-terrorism has become a fixation among film makers because these fringe activists fall prey to..."Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing?
- Moe Murph says "Re Ross: Wonderful excerpt from the review you just mentioned: [Quite soon, “there was nothing left of either love or..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- Janelle says "I think Sherman Alexie’s “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian” was already mentioned, but it is such a..."Students’ Picks: The Best YA Books of 2013