Leading Beatles historian Mark Lewisohn has been working on a three-volume biography of the Liverpool band for almost a decade. Tentatively titled The Beatles: The Complete Story, the first installment was due for a publication date this year. Unfortunately, Volume One, which tracks the group from the beginning through December 1962, has hit yet another delay, and fans likely won’t see it until 2013. As Lewisohn says, the accuracy takes time, and “the whole ethos of the project is ‘do the job properly’.” Lewisohn’s last work was the 2006 Complete Beatles Recording Sessions.
Nick Moran works on special projects for The Millions. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Tuesday New Release Day: Wray; Tennant-Moore; Wink; Sorrentino; de Kerangal; Gustine; Barbery; Silva; Warlick; Enrigue; Amdahl February 9, 2016
- That Used To Be You February 8, 2016
- Young Blood February 8, 2016
- The Good Stuff February 8, 2016
- Only Connect February 8, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Transfigurations of Self and Soul: Four Essential Essay Collections February 9, 2016
- The Millions Top Ten: January 2016 February 8, 2016
- The Contents of His Head: On A.O. Scott’s ‘Better Living Through Criticism’ February 8, 2016
- No You or Me: On Love, Death, and the Kindle February 5, 2016
- It’s Time to Play…The Reissue Factor February 4, 2016
- View All
- il'ja says "I live and work in a cultural setting in which literary criticism is wholly absent. It’s a..."The Contents of His Head: On A.O. Scott’s ‘Better Living Through Criticism’
- Brittany says "I love seeing Fanny Burney anywhere, but especially here. I wrote my undergrad thesis on her novels."How Will I Live? Fame, Money, Day Jobs, and Fiction Writing.
- Gwendy says "Thank you – Thank you for bringing up the person tense usage in “A Little Life”! I thought I was missing something and..."Two Lives: On Hanya Yanagihara and Atticus Lish
- Gert Loveday says "How interesting. I read the Tim Parks column too and I’m very familiar with publishers asking me to name a book that my..."Good News! China Miéville Has Written a Bad Book
- Eric says "Ita incumbent on me up state that Mr Rochester kept his wife in far better comfort than she would have had at any Asylum in the 19th century let alone..."Mr. Rochester is a Creep: A List