Leading Beatles historian Mark Lewisohn has been working on a three-volume biography of the Liverpool band for almost a decade. Tentatively titled The Beatles: The Complete Story, the first installment was due for a publication date this year. Unfortunately, Volume One, which tracks the group from the beginning through December 1962, has hit yet another delay, and fans likely won’t see it until 2013. As Lewisohn says, the accuracy takes time, and “the whole ethos of the project is ‘do the job properly’.” Lewisohn’s last work was the 2006 Complete Beatles Recording Sessions.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Himself April 28, 2015
- Barrels of Laughs April 28, 2015
- Not Dead Yet April 28, 2015
- Tuesday New Release Day: Smiley; Wallace; Manzini; Meloy; Gizzi; Eliot; Knausgaard April 28, 2015
- Gender Trouble April 27, 2015
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Clickworthy Headlines about ‘The Fisherman’ by Chigozie Obioma April 28, 2015
- The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A. April 27, 2015
- The Book Report: Episode 18: ‘Friends’ April 24, 2015
- Fish Out of Water: On Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan’s ‘The Royal We’ April 24, 2015
- A Conversation with a Stranger: Or, The Second Time I Tried to Read ‘War and Peace’ April 23, 2015
- View All
- Benn says "Robin Wood says: “Junot Diaz is the Return of the Jedi of MFA teachers.”"The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A.
- M Morgan says "I agree that it doesn’t make sense to hate on MFA programs when they’re mainly paid for by the school,..."The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A.
- Shelley says "Never heard that version of Austen’s life before. Very interesting. Poor Fanny. But “soul-crushing day..."How Will I Live? Fame, Money, Day Jobs, and Fiction Writing.
- lesleyh says "Thanks!"Into Her Own
- Sharpei Ideogram says "justa, Yes, exactly. I think one problem in the entire (mostly unnecessary) internet dialog regarding MFAs..."The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A.