“Enjoy your dirty money. You will never have anything else.” And other things William Burroughs’s wrote to Truman Capote. There’s a bit more backstory over at RealityStudio, though the letter stands on its fearsome and indignant own.
Emily M. Keeler is the editor of Little Brother Magazine, and the #LitBeat editor for The Millions. She also acts as the Toronto editor for Joyland. And she tweets, too.
More From Curiosities
- Gender Trouble April 27, 2015
- Much to Sympathize With April 27, 2015
- Into Her Own April 27, 2015
- He Who Must Not Be Named April 27, 2015
- Lessons in Failure April 26, 2015
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A. April 27, 2015
- The Book Report: Episode 18: ‘Friends’ April 24, 2015
- Fish Out of Water: On Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan’s ‘The Royal We’ April 24, 2015
- A Conversation with a Stranger: Or, The Second Time I Tried to Read ‘War and Peace’ April 23, 2015
- Hinge of History: Nine Books for the Post-Ferguson Era April 22, 2015
- View All
- lesleyh says "Here is the link to the review/essay. http://therumpus.net/2015/04/t he-sunday-rumpus-book-review-t he-amazing-heft-of-wendy-ortiz s-hollywood-notebook/"Into Her Own
- lesleyh says "The link to my review of Wendy Ortiz’s Hollywood Notebook that you comment on is not there in your Into Her Own section. Where the link to the article on The Rumpus..."Into Her Own
- James says "Anyone who can read The Unrest Cure and not laugh is dead on the inside. Every time I work my way through his complete works I just start..."Staff Pick: H.H. Munro’s The Best of Saki
- Don says "Ngugi Wa Thiong’o’s name is pronounced NGOO-gee (the NG is the same as it is in anger, and the second part is the same as ghee) WAH..."Hard to Pronounce Literary Names
- priskill says "Hands-down, the most thoughtful, sensible, and least combative piece I have read about the MFA question. I keep..."The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A.