The wonderful folks at Harper Perennial are giving away a free PDF of forty short stories from the likes of Adam Wilson, Blake Butler, Roxane Gay, Kyle Minor, and many more. On July 17th, the group will also release Forty Stories as a free eBook through “all the major retailers,” too.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. He was born in Hoboken, NJ and he returned there after graduating from the University of Miami. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- The Man Was Hard on Himself May 21, 2013
- Finding the Red Moon May 21, 2013
- Holden Caulfield Has No Friends May 21, 2013
- Brooklyn is Coming to Eat Your Children May 21, 2013
- The Mind Reels May 21, 2013
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- At the Frontiers of the Unsayable: Bennett Sims’s A Questionable Shape May 21, 2013
- George Saunders and the Question of Greatness May 20, 2013
- Capturing the Complexities of Time & Place: Ru Freeman May 17, 2013
- Judging Luhrmann’s Gatsby: Five English Scholars Weigh In May 17, 2013
- The Museum of Unhappy Women: Z by Therese Anne Fowler May 16, 2013
- View All
- Robert says "Amen, amen, amen to the Annie Dillard comment."George Saunders and the Question of Greatness
- http://Gundata.org/profile/user/658211/bryan-roman says "Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout..."Ceasing to Exist: Three Months in the Social Media Detox Ward
- Kenny says "Couple of things: Sesame Street was the brainchild of Joan Ganz Cooney, not “Rosemary Cooney.” And Jeffrey Katzenberg was not a Disney..."Big Bird is History: Why We Fund PBS
- Anya says "Hang in there! I wrote my first novel at 29. Not published and never will be….thank God. Last year, aged 39, I..."Shutting the Drawer: What Happens When a Book Doesn’t Sell?
- Peter Massey says "I liked Kirk’s take on Daisy and agree, Fitzgerald doesn’t quite make me feel she’s real and..."Judging Luhrmann’s Gatsby: Five English Scholars Weigh In