Kathryn Schulz’s meditation on insomnia, on staying up late and writing deep into the night.
Emily M. Keeler is the editor of Little Brother Magazine, and the #LitBeat editor for The Millions. She also acts as the Toronto editor for Joyland. And she tweets, too.
More From Curiosities
- From Football to Fiction March 12, 2014
- Getting into Character March 12, 2014
- Poetry of Lost Cultures March 12, 2014
- Tartt on TV March 12, 2014
- Thanks, Amigo March 11, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- The Lightest Touch: On Robert Walser’s A Schoolboy’s Diary March 12, 2014
- Can #TwitterFiction Transcend Gimmickry and Become Art? March 12, 2014
- Blood Will Out: Walter Kirn Brings Us News of Ourselves March 11, 2014
- “My First Buy”: Book Editors Discuss Their Earliest Acquisitions March 11, 2014
- Why Does Roddy Doyle Wish to Disillusion Us?: The Millions Interview March 10, 2014
- View All
- Joseph Patrick Pascale says "I liked the overview of fiction on Twitter in this article, but I’m surprised it didn’t mention any..."Can #TwitterFiction Transcend Gimmickry and Become Art?
- Gregory Feeley says "“In a world where attention spans are getting shorter by the minute, Walser’s micro-sketches may yet drag him out of..."The Lightest Touch: On Robert Walser’s A Schoolboy’s Diary
- Gouda Formaggio says "One of the functions of responsible arts writers (critics, if you will) that I so deeply appreciate is their role..."Bird Lives: On Stanley Crouch’s Kansas City Lightning
- A. Ismaïl says "Åsa Larsson’s The Savage Altar is also worth a read."Five Crime Novels Where Women are the True Detectives
- Stephen Delaney says "I think it was Sandra Cisneros who said that while at the University of Iowa, after each workshop she’d go home and try to break..."Baffling Dictums: On the Rules of Writing