The LA Times‘ Festival of Books is happening this weekend, and attendees have not one, not two, but three chances to see Millions staffers Patrick Brown and Edan Lepucki. On Saturday, Patrick will be hanging out on the Nuts and Bolts publishing panel, and on Sunday, he’ll be moderating one entitled Art of Immersion. Also on Sunday, Edan will moderate the Visionary Eyes fiction panel with Aimee Bender, Mark Leyner, Ben Ehrenreich, and Elizabeth Crane.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- “If I wasn’t such a deadbeat, I’d learn Greek.” August 21, 2014
- Agent of Chaos August 20, 2014
- Lateral Moves August 20, 2014
- Roughing It August 20, 2014
- Holy Land August 20, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- This Could Be Your Story: On Matthew Thomas’s We Are Not Ourselves August 21, 2014
- Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing August 20, 2014
- Back to School: Six Strategies for Effective Close Reading August 19, 2014
- Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing? August 18, 2014
- Mind of a Team: David Peace’s Red or Dead August 18, 2014
- View All
- Ross says "I’ve got mixed feelings when this comes up. I do feel like MFA programs should teach a programming/business course that..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- Hot Ossuary says "Tommy, The reason CW courses stress the short story is 1) that a good ten page story can encapsulate everything you..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- Allen says "@Jack, If you’re reading Murakami because he’s a Japanese..."Aloof, Quiet, and Dissonant: On Haruki Murakami’s Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
- timble says "At the end of the day if you want to do what you want, as a writer, you’ll need a ‘real’ job. I..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- bzfgt says "“Ferguson spent a year visiting and telephoning friends, including McGowan, while wearing a wire...."Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing?