Mixer publishing is running a “Sex, Violence, & Satire” contest with a $1,000 prize, and there’s still time to enter. So, if you’ve been chewing on the idea of writing a story containing “sex and satire,” “violence and satire,” or “sex, violence, and satire,” then consider this motivation to finish it up.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Should We Even Publish This? December 9, 2013
- Agreeable Lives December 8, 2013
- Sick and Wrong December 8, 2013
- The Opposite of Slouching December 8, 2013
- Walter White’s Bookshelf December 7, 2013
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A Year in Reading: Edwidge Danticat December 9, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Khaled Hosseini December 9, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Aleksandar Hemon December 8, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Anne K. Yoder December 8, 2013
- A Year In Reading: Nick Moran December 8, 2013
- View All
- Moe Murph (AKA "The Toast" Fan No. 1) says "From Mr. O’Connell’s article: “I saw a keen absurdity in these barons of techno-capital, with their..."Should We Even Publish This?
- languagehat says "How annoying! Thanks for the explanation, and I wish Amazon/Kindle would have the sense to strip it out when they’re..."A Year in Reading: Stephen Dodson (Languagehat)
- Kerry says "The ideal introduction to Fowler’s dazzling, humane, and heartbreaking achievement. Many thanks."A Year in Reading: Khaled Hosseini
- Edan Lepucki says "No, it’s plane as in a horizontal plane… But thanks for asking! I checked to make sure. "A Year in Reading: Edan Lepucki
- paula says "Excellent piece on one of my favorite writers."A Year In Reading: Nick Moran