The fuss is currently over John D’Agata and Jim Fingal’s clashes over factual accuracy, but frankly I’m tired of hearing about it. Maybe it’s because it sounds so reminiscent of David Shields’ Reality Hunger (2010). Or, better yet, maybe it’s because it sounds so reminiscent of David Sedaris’ Naked (1997).
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Agent of Chaos August 20, 2014
- Lateral Moves August 20, 2014
- Roughing It August 20, 2014
- Holy Land August 20, 2014
- The Importance of Being Feminist August 20, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- This Could Be Your Story: On Matthew Thomas’s We Are Not Ourselves August 21, 2014
- Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing August 20, 2014
- Back to School: Six Strategies for Effective Close Reading August 19, 2014
- Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing? August 18, 2014
- Mind of a Team: David Peace’s Red or Dead August 18, 2014
- View All
- Allen says "@Jack, If you’re reading Murakami because he’s a Japanese..."Aloof, Quiet, and Dissonant: On Haruki Murakami’s Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
- timble says "At the end of the day if you want to do what you want, as a writer, you’ll need a ‘real’ job. I..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- bzfgt says "“Ferguson spent a year visiting and telephoning friends, including McGowan, while wearing a wire...."Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing?
- Nick Mamatas (@NMamatas) says "Yes, but after the MFA students learn those ten things, what will they do for the other 22 months of their..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- C. Max Magee says "Tommy, See this “The Story Problem: 10 Thoughts on Academia’s Novel Crisis” http://www.themillions.com/..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing