“Wouldn’t it be nice if we were older? / Then we wouldn’t have to wait so long,” crooned Brian Wilson in The Beach Boys’ 1966 hit “Wouldn’t It Be Nice.” The song went on to become the title of Wilson’s autobiography. Now, over half a century later, the crew is finally older, and fans hoping for a reunion won’t have to “wait so long” because the band’s officially announced an upcoming 50th anniversary tour.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- A Supposedly Fun Thing We Aren’t Sure About December 13, 2013
- Creative Slump December 13, 2013
- I Am My Lighthouse’s Keeper December 12, 2013
- Ancient Welsh Book To Be Made Available Online December 12, 2013
- Franz Kafka: The Video Game December 12, 2013
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A Year in Reading: Caleb Crain December 13, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Matt Bell December 13, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Elizabeth Minkel December 12, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Reif Larsen December 12, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Janice Clark December 12, 2013
- View All
- Matt Bell says "I generally don’t feel the need to respond to anonymous commenters—if you wanted to have a conversation you’d introduce yourself—but just to..."A Year in Reading: Matt Bell
- Moe Murph (AKA "The Toast" Fan No. 1) says "I pray that an outbreak of grammatical pettifogging is not about to break out at The Millions! :)..."Why Are So Many Literary Writers Shifting into Genre?
- Cranky says "Oh. “A Beautiful Truth” is also from his publisher."A Year in Reading: Matt Bell
- Cranky says "Easy on the logrolling there, chief. How about a little basic journalistic disclosure? Matthew Gavin Frank is Bell’s colleague at the school where..."A Year in Reading: Matt Bell
- Moe Murph (AKA "The Toast" Fan No. 1) says "Just wanted to pass along some tools that might help. Had some success advocating for simpler “plain English” with resistant..."Creative Slump