“Wouldn’t it be nice if we were older? / Then we wouldn’t have to wait so long,” crooned Brian Wilson in The Beach Boys’ 1966 hit “Wouldn’t It Be Nice.” The song went on to become the title of Wilson’s autobiography. Now, over half a century later, the crew is finally older, and fans hoping for a reunion won’t have to “wait so long” because the band’s officially announced an upcoming 50th anniversary tour.
Nick Moran works on special projects for The Millions. He lives in Baltimore and he frequents dive bars. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Step Aside Shakes October 24, 2016
- Five Rows of Startlingly Empty Chairs October 24, 2016
- A Screwball Tragedy October 23, 2016
- Let’s Have a Panel About It October 22, 2016
- Highly Recommended October 20, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- What Is It About Baseball? W.P. Kinsella, José Fernández, and the Dust of the 2016 Season October 24, 2016
- Running in the Wake October 24, 2016
- Hollywood English Class: On Margaret Atwood’s ‘Hag-Seed’ October 21, 2016
- Henry James for Every Day of the Year October 21, 2016
- How I Got It: Snoop Doggy Dogg’s ‘Doggystyle’ October 20, 2016
- View All
- Elizabeth Fisher says "So sad of a commentary- You should see high school Libraries. Mine is meeting the needs of our students and I work hard to..."The Library Is Dead. Long Live the Library!
- Moe Murph says "@MarkHG Point well made, MarkHG."A Very Special Millions Correction
- priskill says "This almost makes me want to both Run and Read FW — 2 things I have never done — lovely and inspiring piece."Running in the Wake
- Will says "In my late 50’s now, having read Ulysses for the first time a couple years ago, having listened to my first audio books in the last year, and being a..."Running in the Wake
- Mrs. Millions says "This is beautiful, Derek :)."Running in the Wake