Chad Harbach‘s The Art of Fielding may get its own HBO series, reports Variety. Additionally, if you subscribe to n+1, they’ll include a copy of the book when it releases.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Our New Enemy October 1, 2014
- Villain’s Law October 1, 2014
- Down to/Poetry September 30, 2014
- Witty Pun of Some Kind September 30, 2014
- Old Last Words September 30, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- An Inoculation Against Mistrust: Eula Biss’s On Immunity October 1, 2014
- Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction? October 1, 2014
- A Writer Walks Into a Bar. And Stays. September 30, 2014
- It’s 2014, Do You Know Where You Are? Bright Lights, Big City at 30 September 30, 2014
- God and Gab: The Second Sex by Michael Robbins September 29, 2014
- View All
- Kathy says "Excellent piece! Thanks for bringing attention to all of the wonderful works of nonfiction written by women this year. It is a shame that more..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- Josef Zeko says "Well, the study linked to calls for a quota system."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- Janelle says "The fact that woman dominate in memories but men write about economics and war reminds me of when men were bankers and women worked as..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- Anne Boyd Rioux says "I agree that we need to get at the root of the problem, although we still very much need to document it as well. The more we call..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- Ed Bast says "Is it possible that the judges selected the best books, in their opinion, without giving credence to gender? I get that equality is an..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?