Millions favorite Geoff Dyer, author of Otherwise Known as the Human Condition, is going to start writing a column for The New York Times‘ Book Review. “Reading Life” will detail “the ups and down of his long relationship with the written word. What do we do to books and what do books do to us? How do they delight and derange?” His first column can be found here.
Nick Moran is the social media editor for The Millions. Before leaving the publishing industry, he worked for Norton, John Wiley & Sons, and Oxford University Press. Currently he lives in Baltimore, where he works for the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. His interests can be followed on his Tumblr, Nick Recommends and Twitter, @nemoran3.
More From Curiosities
- Agent of Chaos August 20, 2014
- Lateral Moves August 20, 2014
- Roughing It August 20, 2014
- Holy Land August 20, 2014
- The Importance of Being Feminist August 20, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing August 20, 2014
- Back to School: Six Strategies for Effective Close Reading August 19, 2014
- Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing? August 18, 2014
- Mind of a Team: David Peace’s Red or Dead August 18, 2014
- The Thriller, Reinvented August 15, 2014
- View All
- timble says "At the end of the day if you want to do what you want, as a writer, you’ll need a ‘real’ job. I..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- bzfgt says "“Ferguson spent a year visiting and telephoning friends, including McGowan, while wearing a wire...."Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Eco-terrorists So Different, So Appealing?
- Nick Mamatas (@NMamatas) says "Yes, but after the MFA students learn those ten things, what will they do for the other 22 months of their..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- C. Max Magee says "Tommy, See this “The Story Problem: 10 Thoughts on Academia’s Novel Crisis” http://www.themillions.com/..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- Tommy Wallach says "I wish this article had addressed the strange fetishization of the short story in most writing courses. There is..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing