It’s official: Borders has announced it will begin liquidating its 399 bookstores this week. Store closures could begin as early as this Friday and will continue through September, according to the Times.
Michael Bourne is a staff writer at The Millions. He is a contributing editor for Poets & Writers magazine, and his essays and reviews have appeared in The New York Times Magazine, The Los Angeles Review of Books, and The Economist online. His fiction has appeared in print and online in Tin House, The Cortland Review, The Common, The Orange Coast Review, and River City. He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More From Curiosities
- Area Woman Makes the Best of It April 15, 2014
- “Overrun by the Kafkaesque” April 15, 2014
- A Few Chapters Short of a Novel April 15, 2014
- More on Rizzoli’s April 15, 2014
- It’s a Mystery April 15, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A Story is Worth a Thousand Data Points: Michael Lewis’s Flash Boys April 15, 2014
- Crimean Rites April 15, 2014
- The 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction Goes to Donna Tartt’s Goldfinch April 14, 2014
- Literature on the Installment Plan: A Review Of Best European Fiction 2014 April 14, 2014
- You’ve Got Mail: On the New Age of Biography April 11, 2014
- View All
- JOHN T SHEA says "Somewhat harsh all right. My target was self-flagellation and the Culture of Cringe, as somebody once called it...."Hug Your Darlings, Give the Moon the Finger: Writers On Delight
- hollister femmes says "La forme connect?e avec la ligne Hollister, Robert Lhassa Vidra les perspectives pr?f?rent obtenir bikinis bralilian s?duisante et ?galement des destinations..."Where We Write
- P Stout says "Haha, that’s harsh John. But I agree he notion of praising some of your own paragraphs in public would be..."Hug Your Darlings, Give the Moon the Finger: Writers On Delight
- Christopher says "Boris is obvious: Anton Yelchin!"We Cast The Goldfinch Movie so Hollywood Doesn’t Have To
- Sonya says "Thanks, Bob — I needed this."Are We Entering a Golden Age of the Second Novel?