“Why Facebook? Why this format?… The striking thing about the real Zuckerberg, in video and in print, is the relative banality of his ideas concerning the ‘Why’ of Facebook. He uses the word ‘connect’ as believers use the word ‘Jesus,’ as if it were sacred in and of itself…” Zadie Smith considers “Generation Why” and The Social Network at the New York Review of Books. Our own review of The Social Network by Sonya Chung can be found here.
Ujala Sehgal is an associate editor for The Millions. She works for the New York Civil Liberties Union, the NY Chapter of the ACLU. She was formerly a writer for The Atlantic's news website The Wire, and a co-editor of NY media blog FishbowlNY. Her writing has appeared in The Millions, TheAtlantic.com, Newsday, National Journal, The Rumpus, and elsewhere, and is partly collected at her website, TheCivilWriter.com. Follow @ujalasehgal.
More From Curiosities
- Our New Mantra September 30, 2016
- Face Off: Kardashian/Kahlo September 30, 2016
- Everything Is Interesting September 30, 2016
- Get Off Get Paid September 29, 2016
- Fancy Yourself a Bowdlerizer September 29, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Fates and Furies on Twitter September 30, 2016
- Black and Proud: James McBride on James Brown September 30, 2016
- A Danger to Others: On Teddy Wayne’s ‘Loner’ September 29, 2016
- Edward Albee Was My Mailman September 29, 2016
- Renegade Political Fiction: ‘The Revolutionaries Try Again’ September 28, 2016
- View All
- MarkW says "I have not read them all, but clearly Bleak House is a great great novel and if the majority here think it the best, who am..."Dickens’s Best Novel? Six Experts Share Their Opinions
- Emily Dietrich says "It’s heartening to hear of Albee’s maintaining his core being within and during his high-profile literary life. I too look forward to..."Edward Albee Was My Mailman
- Heather Curran says "Crazy eh Steven, that someone would give that to your daughter is just craxy, mad offensive."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- I. says "That’s not exactly a staggering number, toad."The Author Wore Prada
- steven augustine says "Great (and pleasurable) piece. Albee’s work terrified me when I first came across it in my early teens… I understood that the bits..."Edward Albee Was My Mailman