Already on shelves ahead of its “official” release date is Mark Twain’s long embargoed Autobiography. Also new this week are The Petting Zoo, a posthumously published novel by punk poet Jim Carroll; a new collection of Selected Stories from master of the form William Trevor; Cynthia Ozick’s “retelling” of of Henry James’ The Ambassadors, Foreign Bodies; and, in time for election day today, Matt Taibbi’s collection of biting political journalism, Griftopia.
C. Max Magee created and edits The Millions. He is co-editor of the collection of essays The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, called "funny, poignant, relentlessly thought-provoking" by The Atlantic. He has appeared on NPR’s “Weekend Edition”, Minnesota Public Radio’s “Midmorning”, and ABC Radio National's "The Book Show" and has written for a number of publications. He and his family live in New Jersey. If you'd like to correspond, please don't hesitate to email.
More From Curiosities
- Thanks, Nick July 27, 2014
- “There’s potential on Twitter for wild formal invention.” July 27, 2014
- Combing The New Yorker’s Archives July 27, 2014
- Miami’s Sackner Archive of Concrete and Visual Poetry July 27, 2014
- Zadie Smith’s Big Week July 27, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- The Book That Wasn’t: 5 Fiction Writers Talk About their Novels in Drawers July 28, 2014
- How to be James Joyce, or the Habits of Great Writers July 25, 2014
- Italo Calvino’s Science Fiction Masterpiece July 25, 2014
- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa’s Burst of Sicilian Sun July 24, 2014
- New Edition, Old Problems: On Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises July 24, 2014
- View All
- Stephan J Harper says "“Though I haven’t ever been on the screen I was brought up in pictures. Rudolph Valentino came to my fifth birthday party –..."The Art of the Opening Sentence
- allah_speaking says "Has anyone tried this with an Obama speech or SOTU address?"For Sale: Hemingway App, Doesn’t Work.
- Nick Moran says "Good morning to you, too, Pete."Wells Tower on Your TV Screen
- Pete says "No, that’s really not burying the lede. Almost everyone has heard of Alec Baldwin, but hardly anyone outside of the small world of literary fiction..."Wells Tower on Your TV Screen
- The Untranslated says "I totally wish The Wake to win. Definitely the most original novel on the list."Here Come the Americans: The 2014 Booker Prize Longlist