As if the ebook juggernaut didn’t already have enough steam behind it, The Washington Post says that, “perusing electronically will lighten your environmental impact.” You see, “every time you download and read an electronic book, rather than purchasing a new pile of paper, you’re paying back a little bit of the carbon dioxide and water deficit from the Kindle production process.”
C. Max Magee created and edits The Millions. He is co-editor of the collection of essays The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, called "funny, poignant, relentlessly thought-provoking" by The Atlantic. He and his family live in New Jersey. If you'd like to correspond, please don't hesitate to email.
More From Curiosities
- Into Her Own April 27, 2015
- He Who Must Not Be Named April 27, 2015
- Lessons in Failure April 26, 2015
- Literary Paper Dolls April 26, 2015
- The Greatest Literary Pubs April 25, 2015
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A. April 27, 2015
- The Book Report: Episode 18: ‘Friends’ April 24, 2015
- Fish Out of Water: On Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan’s ‘The Royal We’ April 24, 2015
- A Conversation with a Stranger: Or, The Second Time I Tried to Read ‘War and Peace’ April 23, 2015
- Hinge of History: Nine Books for the Post-Ferguson Era April 22, 2015
- View All
- priskill says "Hands-down, the most thoughtful, sensible, and least combative piece I have read about the MFA question. I keep..."The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A.
- Christine says "Thanks for this thoughtful piece, Hannah. So much resonated for me here. As the child of a post WWII immigrant, I..."The Value of Writing Programs: On Why I Don’t Have an M.F.A.
- toad says "Um, Crow, the book is written by Reif, not by his particularly well-learned character. So yes, Reif..."Like Father, Like Son: Literary Parentage in Reif Larsen’s ‘I Am Radar’
- kathy says "How dare you insult rochester! I think you’re not thinking of this in terms of standards at the time. Keeping the crazy wife locked up was by far..."Mr. Rochester is a Creep: A List
- S'zar says "A piece about literature should be well-written and free of undergraduate-level solecisms. The..."Creating the Literary World of the Future: A Response to VIDA’s Recommendations