Amazon has partnered with the Wylie Agency to acquire exclusive ebook rights to 20th century classics by the likes of Philip Roth, Salman Rushdie, Saul Bellow, Norman Mailer, Louise Erdrich, John Cheever, Hunter S. Thompson, William S. Burroughs, Orhan Pamuk, V.S. Naipaul, Martin Amis, and Jorge Luis Borges. The venture is called Odyssey Editions. These books will be available in ebook form exclusively on the Kindle for the next two years.
C. Max Magee created and edits The Millions. He is co-editor of the collection of essays The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, called "funny, poignant, relentlessly thought-provoking" by The Atlantic. He has appeared on NPR’s “Weekend Edition”, Minnesota Public Radio’s “Midmorning”, and ABC Radio National's "The Book Show" and has written for a number of publications. He and his family live in New Jersey. If you'd like to correspond, please don't hesitate to email.
More From Curiosities
- The Future Is Now October 1, 2014
- 1 Origin Story October 1, 2014
- Our New Enemy October 1, 2014
- Villain’s Law October 1, 2014
- Down to/Poetry September 30, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- The Truce Between Fabulism and Realism: On Gabriel Garcia Marquez and the Modern Novel October 2, 2014
- An Inoculation Against Mistrust: Eula Biss’s On Immunity October 1, 2014
- Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction? October 1, 2014
- A Writer Walks Into a Bar. And Stays. September 30, 2014
- It’s 2014, Do You Know Where You Are? Bright Lights, Big City at 30 September 30, 2014
- View All
- timble says "“Do you think that, on average, non-fiction awards should be equally awarded to books on “male friendship in your 30s” and those on World..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- My god says "@timble – fair point about “Capital…”as it is originally french, not American, non-fiction, and therefore would not be..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- timble says "@my god The mission statement of the National Book Awards is “[...] to celebrate the best of American literature, to expand its audience,..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- My god says "“why is a great work, as Ron Charles points out, called “seminal” rather than “ovular?” … Ugh… But leaving that..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?
- Kathy says "Excellent piece! Thanks for bringing attention to all of the wonderful works of nonfiction written by women this year. It is a shame that more..."Is There No Gender Equity in Nonfiction?