If you haven’t already, meet Coeur de Pirate, the beautiful and charming Quebec singer-songwriter Béatrice Martin. Her sound’s somewhere between Françoise Hardy and Icelandic band Seabear. Here’s the video for “Comme des Enfants” and here’s a fan-made video for “Printemps” (my favorite C de P song).
Emily Colette Wilkinson is a staff writer for The Millions living in Virginia. She is a winner of the Virginia Quarterly's Young Reviewers Contest and has a doctorate from Stanford. Her writing has appeared in The Washington Times, In Character, VQR, Arts & Letters Daily, and The Daily Dish.
More From Curiosities
- Our New Mantra September 30, 2016
- Face Off: Kardashian/Kahlo September 30, 2016
- Everything Is Interesting September 30, 2016
- Get Off Get Paid September 29, 2016
- Fancy Yourself a Bowdlerizer September 29, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Fates and Furies on Twitter September 30, 2016
- Black and Proud: James McBride on James Brown September 30, 2016
- A Danger to Others: On Teddy Wayne’s ‘Loner’ September 29, 2016
- Edward Albee Was My Mailman September 29, 2016
- Renegade Political Fiction: ‘The Revolutionaries Try Again’ September 28, 2016
- View All
- MarkW says "I have not read them all, but clearly Bleak House is a great great novel and if the majority here think it the best, who am..."Dickens’s Best Novel? Six Experts Share Their Opinions
- Emily Dietrich says "It’s heartening to hear of Albee’s maintaining his core being within and during his high-profile literary life. I too look forward to..."Edward Albee Was My Mailman
- Heather Curran says "Crazy eh Steven, that someone would give that to your daughter is just craxy, mad offensive."A Fourth Time, I Ask: Are Picture Books Leading Our Children Astray?
- I. says "That’s not exactly a staggering number, toad."The Author Wore Prada
- steven augustine says "Great (and pleasurable) piece. Albee’s work terrified me when I first came across it in my early teens… I understood that the bits..."Edward Albee Was My Mailman