At Guernica Magazine, John Sevigny on Francisco Goya and the invention of modern art.
Emily Colette Wilkinson is a staff writer for The Millions living in Virginia. She is a winner of the Virginia Quarterly's Young Reviewers Contest and has a doctorate from Stanford. Her writing has appeared in The Washington Times, In Character, VQR, Arts & Letters Daily, and The Daily Dish.
More From Curiosities
- Great to Not Great December 9, 2013
- Where You From? December 9, 2013
- Should We Even Publish This? December 9, 2013
- Agreeable Lives December 8, 2013
- Sick and Wrong December 8, 2013
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A Year in Reading: Charlie Jane Anders (io9) December 9, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Edwidge Danticat December 9, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Khaled Hosseini December 9, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Aleksandar Hemon December 8, 2013
- A Year in Reading: Anne K. Yoder December 8, 2013
- View All
- Rich H. says "Great piece, Lydia! I re-read your thesis on Hodgson this year in preparation for comps. It was just as good the second time around. Hope all is..."A Year in Reading: Lydia Kiesling
- Moe Murph (AKA "The Toast" Fan No. 1) says "From Mr. O’Connell’s article: “I saw a keen absurdity in these barons of techno-capital, with their..."Should We Even Publish This?
- languagehat says "How annoying! Thanks for the explanation, and I wish Amazon/Kindle would have the sense to strip it out when they’re..."A Year in Reading: Stephen Dodson (Languagehat)
- Kerry says "The ideal introduction to Fowler’s dazzling, humane, and heartbreaking achievement. Many thanks."A Year in Reading: Khaled Hosseini
- Edan Lepucki says "No, it’s plane as in a horizontal plane… But thanks for asking! I checked to make sure. "A Year in Reading: Edan Lepucki