Can you be a real feminist if you get married to a man while wearing a white dress and heels?
Emily Colette Wilkinson is a staff writer for The Millions living in Virginia. She is a winner of the Virginia Quarterly's Young Reviewers Contest and has a doctorate from Stanford. Her writing has appeared in The Washington Times, In Character, VQR, Arts & Letters Daily, and The Daily Dish.
More From Curiosities
- Color Lines September 2, 2014
- Growing Up September 2, 2014
- Perfectly Inexplicable September 2, 2014
- Tuesday New Release Day: French; Lerner; Finnegan; Iyer; Antrim; Mitchell September 2, 2014
- New Murakami: The Strange Library September 2, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Women in Clothes: A Collaborative Endeavor September 2, 2014
- In the Edges of the Maps: David Mitchell’s The Bone Clocks September 2, 2014
- Last Words: On Michael Hastings’s The Last Magazine: A Novel August 29, 2014
- On the Nightstand: On Deciding What to Read Next August 28, 2014
- Three Books to Get Over an Affair August 27, 2014
- View All
- Moe Murp says "“But then, neither in my estimation is Alice Munro…” [Re: "value" in literature] Oh. No. He...."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- Karl Wenclas says "Let’s get back on topic, Ed. The question was whether writing students should be taught about the business of..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- Eleanor Rigby says "Doesn’t take into account the returns system of publishing in the US, UK and no doubt some other countries: http://www.timeshighereduca..."Are eReaders Really Green?
- Feh says "Great essay, agree with a lot. Found the Horologist section really off. One quibble? I believe Crispin’s father was a..."In the Edges of the Maps: David Mitchell’s The Bone Clocks
- Moe Murphy says "Hi Ed Bast, Thanks for the reference to Sergio de la Pava – always exciting to discover a new author. Also,..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing