Russian literary news and awards — i.e. winners and runners-up of Russia’s Big Book Award – at Lizok’s Bookshelf.
Sonya Chung is a staff writer for The Millions and the author of the novel Long for This World (Scribner 2010). Her stories, reviews, and essays have appeared in The Threepenny Review, Tin House, The Late American Novel: Writers on the Future of Books, FiveChapters, and The Common Online, among others. A recipient of a MacDowell Colony fellowship, she is founding editor of Bloom and currently teaches fiction writing at Skidmore College.
More From Curiosities
- Area Woman Makes the Best of It April 15, 2014
- “Overrun by the Kafkaesque” April 15, 2014
- A Few Chapters Short of a Novel April 15, 2014
- More on Rizzoli’s April 15, 2014
- It’s a Mystery April 15, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- A History of Love (of Bookstores) April 16, 2014
- A Story is Worth a Thousand Data Points: Michael Lewis’s Flash Boys April 15, 2014
- Crimean Rites April 15, 2014
- The 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction Goes to Donna Tartt’s Goldfinch April 14, 2014
- Literature on the Installment Plan: A Review Of Best European Fiction 2014 April 14, 2014
- View All
- JOHN T SHEA says "Somewhat harsh all right. My target was self-flagellation and the Culture of Cringe, as somebody once called it...."Hug Your Darlings, Give the Moon the Finger: Writers On Delight
- P Stout says "Haha, that’s harsh John. But I agree he notion of praising some of your own paragraphs in public would be..."Hug Your Darlings, Give the Moon the Finger: Writers On Delight
- Christopher says "Boris is obvious: Anton Yelchin!"We Cast The Goldfinch Movie so Hollywood Doesn’t Have To
- Sonya says "Thanks, Bob — I needed this."Are We Entering a Golden Age of the Second Novel?
- sobha review graveyard traveller says "I have read this book number of times and I love it…The Graveyard"The Graveyard Movie