“Yeah my drop sick…and my knot thick,” boasts Li’l Wayne in “A Milli.” Sounds great, but what the hell does it mean? Rap Exegesis, a hip-hop translation service, has the answer to this and other lyrical conundrums.
Garth Risk Hallberg is contributing editor for The Millions. He is the author of A Field Guide to the North American Family. His stories and essays have appeared in Glimmer Train, New York Magazine, Slate, Canteen, Best New American Voices 2008, and Best of the Web 2008. He lives in Brooklyn.
More From Curiosities
- City of Asylum August 28, 2014
- Notes on Missouri and America. August 28, 2014
- “The 14-day Forecast says Drake too for weeks” August 28, 2014
- The Conch Republic Seeks Literary Job Applicants August 28, 2014
- Darkest Images August 27, 2014
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- On the Nightstand: On Deciding What to Read Next August 28, 2014
- Three Books to Get Over an Affair August 27, 2014
- Nook (Kindle) and Cranny: Literary Travel Suggestions for a 400 Square Foot Apartment August 26, 2014
- The Longest Silence: On Writing and Fishing August 25, 2014
- Because I, Too, Am Hungry: On Food and Reading August 22, 2014
- View All
- Karl Wenclas says "What’s the point of teaching the business of writing, if the product created won’t sell, and furthermore,..."Practical Art: On Teaching the Business of Creative Writing
- Duncan McGee Nefcy says "My best guess and probably the most realistic guess is that Bolaño was a garbage can w/ respect to substance abuse; he probably tried everything and..."Was Bolaño a Junkie?
- heather curran says "Loved this essay. I laughed over “book shelf staring” which is one of my favourite activities when between books..."On the Nightstand: On Deciding What to Read Next
- Chuck says "Who took a picture of my nightstand? The Pym, Jansson, Carr and Ponge titles currently reside there."On the Nightstand: On Deciding What to Read Next
- Mark says "One big difficulty in moving from book to book is style and tonality, especially when you are choosing with any of the methods Ms. Chung..."On the Nightstand: On Deciding What to Read Next