Lydia Kiesling is a staff writer for The Millions and the creator of the Modern Library Revue. She lives in San Francisco and tweets sporadically at @lydiakiesling. You can read more of her writing at www.lydiakiesling.com.
More From Curiosities
- Time Traveling Stories May 6, 2016
- Lonely Writers May 6, 2016
- Writing Heartbreak May 5, 2016
- Reclaiming the Allegory May 5, 2016
- Jacobs’s Centennial May 5, 2016
- View All
Other Recent Articles
- Upscale, Artisanal Bullshit of the Highest Order May 6, 2016
- Ward Farnsworth Doesn’t Mess Around: On ‘Classical English Metaphor’ May 6, 2016
- Places That Fall Into Ruin: The Millions Interviews Geoff Dyer May 5, 2016
- The Novel Still Exists: The Millions Interviews Don DeLillo May 5, 2016
- And the Winners of the Best Translated Book Awards Are… May 4, 2016
- View All
- Michael says "“I read it cover to cover in one sitting.” This is what passes for criticism today."Upscale, Artisanal Bullshit of the Highest Order
- steven augustine says "“The author is passionate about women’s reproductive rights and critical of the sacrifices women (especially black single..."Does Becoming a Mother Mean Immolation?
- Sean H says "An interesting take and I generally like contrarianism but one person’s “fetishization” is another person’s..."Does Becoming a Mother Mean Immolation?
- Katherine Lake says "Thank you for the beautiful article that reminds me not to get caught up too much with grades and t-ball practice. Rather, to be..."At The Blue Dolphin: On Mothers and Sons
- Bea says "I know this is a tad off the main subject, but I’ve noticed..."Life Is Short and This Book Is Long: Two Thoroughly Modern Women Continue to Discuss ‘David Copperfield’