- Jonathan Evison talks with independent publicist Lauren Cerand about promoting books.
- Kindle shenanigans: “This morning, hundreds of Amazon Kindle owners awoke to discover that books by a certain famous author had mysteriously disappeared from their e-book readers.”
- Marking the 40th anniversary of the Moon landing, Kottke puts together a huge post of photos, videos, and links in commemoration.
- Our recent item rounded up all the “big” books coming out in the latter half of the year. PW alerts readers to “10 promising fiction debuts” coming this fall.
- Jacket Copy concludes its Pomo Month with an annotated list of “61 essential postmodern reads.”
- New uses for card catalogs. (via)
- The second issue of online literary journal The Critical Flame has arrived.
- Mark Sarvas offers a four-part interview with Joseph O’Neill. “I think I start with one idea. In Netherland, it was cricket in New York. Then there is an accumulation of sentences, and often just single words. Words that interest me. And I sort of build it up like a poem.”
- Amazon names the “Best Books of the Year… So Far.”
Curiosities: Astronaut Food
Comments with unrelated links will be deleted. If you'd like to reach our readers, consider buying an advertisement instead.
Anonymous and pseudonymous comments that do not add to the conversation will be deleted at our discretion.