- W.W. Norton puts together a project similar to our Year in Reading (and with some participants in common): Writers Recommend.
- Another clever batch of recommendations: Village Voice asks several notables to recommend their favorite “obscure” books.
- Three Percent reveals its 25-book longlist for the “Best Translated Book of 2008” (Bonus Link: The Prizewinners: International Edition)
- A conversation with South African poet and anti-apartheid activist Breyten Breytenbach
- Todd Zuniga’s (of Opium Magazine and Literary Death Match) “favorite writers we haven’t heard of yet.”
- Best book cover designs of the year. (via 3% and kottke)
- Maud reproduces the memo behind the huge reorganization at Random House (which itself is just one part of the belt tightening hitting the publishing industry in recent weeks.)
Comments with unrelated links will be deleted. If you'd like to reach our readers, consider buying an advertisement instead.
Anonymous and pseudonymous comments that do not add to the conversation will be deleted at our discretion.