- Sam Sacks offers up a review of Booker winner The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga for Open Letters
- “Obama spotted carrying poetry book” – It was Collected Poems 1948-1984 by Derek Walcott
- The amazing, exhaustive, 7-part, behind-the-scenes look at the 2008 campaign from Newsweek
- Rahm, Ari, Zeke: Which Emmanuel brother are you?
- In case you weren’t already tired of this… the n+1 vs. the lit-blogs row of early 2007 lands in an academic journal. Our own contribution to the saga is duly noted.
- Wyatt Mason offers more thoughts on John Leonard (via Conversational Reading)
- Malcolm Gladwell’s latest, The Outliers, hits stores a week from today. Gladwell introduces the book in a video at Amazon (scroll down a bit).
- Oxford researchers figure out the ten most annoying phrases.
- And the New Oxford American Dictionary has named its Word of the Year: hypermiling.
- As we remember Michael Crichton, “The Top 5 ‘Crazy’ Michael Crichton Ideas That Actually Came True“
- Nam Le wins the Dylan Thomas Prize. We interviewed him in August.
Comments with unrelated links will be deleted. If you'd like to reach our readers, consider buying an advertisement instead.
Anonymous and pseudonymous comments that do not add to the conversation will be deleted at our discretion.