I got a lot of responses to my call for people to share the best books they read this year. Here are some of the shorter entries and lists that I received.
Stephen Schenkenberg (who pens an engaging blog) said:
Steve Clackson also wrote in:
My favorite book this year.
- Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden – comments
Some others I’ve enjoyed.
Heather Huggins named her top three:
And finally, Sandra Scoppettone’s list:
- Utterly Monkey by Nick Laird
- Citizen Vince by Jess Walter
- The Night Watch by Sarah Waters
- The Girls by Lori Lansens
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Winter’s Bone by Daniel Woodrell
- Triangle by Katherine Weber
- A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon
- Eat The Document by Dana Spiotta
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy